Fully funded within three hours and 16 minutes, Triple Ace Games' Leagues Of Gothic Horror
is already a hugely successful Kickstarter, scheduled for publication in December.
This 160-page book (with black and white interior pages and a color cover) is a supplement for Triple Aces' Victorian adventure RPG, Leagues Of Adventure, but as it uses the Ubiquity system that makes the contents an easy fit for games like Space: 1889, Hollow Earth Expedition and even All for One: Regime Diabolique.
Leagues Of Gothic Horror contains:
- New Archetypes, Skills, Talents, Flaws, Leagues, and weird science devices specifically designed for those devoted to fighting the forces of darkness.
- Eight detailed player characters (with art) and eight henchmen ready to use straight from the book.
- Rules for horror, corruption, fortune-telling, occult grimoires, magic, and mentalism, plus an array of occult relics ranging in power from mere trinkets to potent items of myth and legend.
- Statistics and information on 38 fearsome monsters, 26 human lesser villains and heroic allies, 22 diabolical major villains, and seven sinister cults.
- A tour of Gothic Horror locales around the world.
- Guidelines for running Gothic Horror adventures and generating a spooky atmosphere around the gaming table.
- Suggested styles for Gothic Horror games, sample campaign settings, and more adventure seeds.
- A timeline and Who's Who of Gothic Horror in the Leagues of Adventure setting.
- A list of literary, audio, and visual references for the budding Gothic Horror Gamemaster.
These are five supplementary 64-page guidebooks expanding on key elements of the genre (apparitions, black magic, shapeshifters, mummies and vampires) and then a 78-page guide to Victorian London (which, of course, would be of use to any Victorian era RPG).
As usual, check out the campaign's Kickstarter page for more information about the investor incentives (such as having your image immortalised as one of the characters in the book, as well as the expected softback, hardback or PDF incarnations of the book), add-ons etc