My blog-profiling feature - Six Of The Best - has been running for several months on HeroPress and has already profiled fourteen distinctly different voices of the blogosphere (including myself, it must be said), garnering raise from readers.
I have interview subjects scheduled up until mid-May, but am always on the look out for more prospective interviewees.
To date, Six Of The Best has featured:
- Calvin's Canadian Cave Of Coolness (pop culture)
- Dr Theda's Crypt (horror)
- The Other Side (RPGs)
- Siskoid's Blog Of Geekery (pop culture & RPGs)
- Gaming Ballistic (RPGs)
- Alex J. Cavanaugh (writing)
- HeroPress (pop culture & RPGs)
- Gothridge Manor (RPGs)
- The Wit And Weirdness Of Al Bruno III (pop culture)
- The Bookshop Around The Corner (book shops)
- Broke Horror Fan (horror)
- I Have Wrought My Simple Plan... (wargames)
- Natholeon's Empires(wargames)
- B/X Blackrazor (RPGs)
From music and cinema, to stamp collecting and chicken farming, if you write a blog I'd like to hear from you, whatever you write about.
I'm always looking to celebrate the breadth of blogging, by profiling as broad a cross-section of the bloggers as possible, highlighting the infinite variety of subjects that get people talking.
This is part of my drive to be an advocate for the art of blogging, helping authors promote their sites while simultaneously sharing good practice and wisdom with fellow, and aspiring, bloggers.
Every fortnight, I 'interview' a different blogger, asking the same six questions (see below), with the idea of not only helping promote their own work but also to encourage others to think about taking up blogging.
Of course, if you are podcaster, feel free to answer the questions anyway, substituting 'podcast' for blog...
The set questions are:
(1) How long have been blogging, and how’d you get into it in the first place?If you are interested in taking part, get in touch with me at acrobatic (dot) flea (at) gmail (dot) com or via G+, Facebook, Twitter etc
(2) What do you blog about, and how frequently do you post?
(3) How does your blog stand out from all the rest?
(4) What’s the best (and worst) thing about blogging?
(5) Do you have any self-imposed rules (or guidelines) for your blog?
(6) Name one blog everyone should be reading (other than your own).