Daniel Upton stands charged with the brutal murder of his best friend, Edward Derby. Was the crime an act of greed, jealousy, or madness? Or did Edward's wife, the mysterious Asenath Waite, put to use her rumored occult powers? Was it a crime carried out by a ruthless fiend, or was the killer the next victim of a supreme evil that lurks unseen among us?Hot on the heels of The White Tree, the HP Lovecraft Historical Society has put another of its audio dramas up for pre-order, an adaption of Lovecraft's classic The Thing On The Doorstep.
While available as a digital download, the CD edition of the 75-minute 1830's-style radio show comes with a collection of props, including:
- the Arkham Advertiser society column article announcing the betrothal of Edward Derby to Asenath Waite
- an Arkham Sanitarium intake assessment form for patient Edward Derby
- a strange and terrible note of explanation given by a late-night visitor
- a press release announcing the publication of Edward Derby's collection of poems, Azathoth and Other Horrors
- For pre-order customers only: Asenath Waite's student ID from Miskatonic University