Triple Ace Games has launched its latest Kickstarter: to fund a Guide to Shapeshifters and a Guide to Vampires, two supplements for its Leagues Of Gothic Horror RPG (although, obviously, usable with any Ubiquity-driven games).
These will compliment the already funded supplements covering apparitions, black magic, and mummies in great depth.
The books included in the current Kickstarter are both 64-page, comic book size (6.69" x 9.61"), colour softcover, with black and white illustrated interior (approx 25-30 images per book).
While the contents are shaped to suit the specific beast being discussed, both books have the same chapter headings. Our aim is to make these a one-stop resource for the particular monster. As a result, some information is copied from Leagues of Gothic Horror to save you searching through multiple books at the table or when designing adventures. The great majority of what you'll get, though, is brand new material.
- Chapter 1 - Infernal Origins: Looks at the creature in folklore and history throughout the ages.
- Chapter 2 - The Nature of the Damned: Describes how the fell monsters come into existence, their motivations, means of identifying your prey, and ways to protect yourself and defeat them.
- Chapter 3 - Forsaken Lairs: Discusses the sorts of lairs the creatures inhabit, as well as any special powers or abilities they might have.
- Chapter 4 - Diabolical Powers: Details the array of fell powers wielded by these creatures. Using a pick-and-mix system, the Gamemaster can create unique individuals in a matter of minutes.
- Chapter 5 - Catalog of Fiends: Includes statistics and information on a number of stock creatures of the appropriate type.
- Chapter 6 - Princes of Darkness: A number of unique villains, complete with image, statistics, and background notes.
Triple Ace Games is looking to raise £4,000 by June 27, and has in place a number of stretch goals for additional books, as well as Leagues Of Gothic Horror dice.
You can get a taste of the vampire supplement here.
Visit the campaign's Kickstarter page to learn more about the stretch goals, investor incentives and rewards on offer should you wish to back these roleplaying supplements.