|The Last Leg: Britain's cleverest and funniest topical news show.|
Way, way back in April 2014 I published a snapshot of what TV I was watching at the time (over 30 regular shows!)
So now as we head into the summer of 2016 I thought I'd list what's currently on my schedule by way of contrast:
- American Pickers (1hr, History Channel)
- Outcast (1hr, Fox)
- Containment (1hr, E4 - first episode this week)
- Supernatural (1hr, E4)
- Ancient Aliens (1hr, History Channel)
- New Girl (30 mins, E4 - I'd almost lost interest in this, as Zooey Deschanel isn't in at the moment, but they've brought in Megan Fox, so I'll see how that works out)
- Gogglesprogs (1hr, Channel 4)
- Powers (1hr, Spike - last episode of season one this week)
- The Last Leg (1hr, Channel 4 - last episode of current season this week)
- Eden (1hr, Channel 4 - first episode next Monday)
I have high hopes for Eden, as I'm expecting a reality TV show akin to Castaway 2000, which introduced the world to a man who would become one of my heroes: Ben Fogle.
Eden is described as a year-long project that sees 23 total strangers trying to build a society from scratch in a remote area of the UK.
And I believe the second season of Zoo is due to start soon.
Overall though what I'm watching at the moment is a pretty paltry showing compared to what I used to watch.
I wouldn't say my tastes have become more refined (Ancient Aliens is still on the list after all), and I realise most of the shows I really love are Autumn/Winter staples (such as the sundry CW superheroes, Game Of Thrones etc), but I'm sure I used to watch almost as much in the summer as the rest of the year.
Naturally, this list will be supplemented by one or two one-off documentaries each week, the occasional impulse movie, and, of course, my streaming shows on Netflix and Amazon:
- Orange Is The New Black
I'm not even watching as many DVDs or Blu-Rays as I usually do, at the moment (although I did watch both The Boys From Brazil and John Carpenter's The Fog on Saturday night, while Rachel was working), but this is leaving more room for podcasts and reading comics, I guess.
It's probably just that I'm getting old.
|More gaming research? Could be...|