The Gamesmaster's Companion for Cubicle 7's hugely popular Doctor Who RPG is now available for pre-order from the publisher.
Written by Morgan Davie, Mark Lawford, Andrew Peregrine, Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan and Nathaniel Torson, this 160-page, full-colour, hardback is chock full of useful tips for emulating the style and atmosphere of the long-running TV show.
The Gamemaster's Companion is a resource for you to use to run the Doctor Who Roleplaying Game, offering expert advice on creating scenarios in the style of the Doctor’s adventures. It’s a veritable toolbox of tips, tricks and techniques that you can use in your own games.
You’ll be using flashbacks, starting games in media res and ending your next session with a killer cliffhanger before you know it!
• Starting out – how to set up a new game, and advice on guiding your players through effective character creation.
• Adventures – an advice-filled exploration of the role of the Gamemaster, detailing plotting adventures, detailed, expert guidance on writing story arcs, and a gigantic random adventure generator.
• Villains and Monsters – a TARDIS-full of hints and tips on creating memorable villains and effective adversaries for your games.
• Settings – how to create them and how to get your players onboard.
• Running Games - guidance for keeping everyone happy, busy and engaged, with notes on pacing, foreshadowing, exterminating characters, people, places, planets and impossible places.
• Three new Doctor Who adventures – Death in Toytown, The Grip of the Kraken and The Bellagio Imbroglio.