The fifth instalment in the insanely popular and hugely entertaining Sharknado franchise is due to make landfall on August 6.
"In Sharknado 5: Global Swarming, the mission gets personal for Fin Shepard (Ian Ziering)and his bionic wife, April (Tara Reid), when their young son gets trapped in a traveling ‘nado and transported all over the world. From London to Rio, Tokyo, Rome, Amsterdam, and beyond, our globetrotting heroes will seek assistance from a highly-skilled squad of royals, scholars, and Olympians, enlisting famous faces from news, entertainment, and sports in their most epic battle yet."As usual, great emphasis is put on the celebrity cameos popping up - and invariably getting eaten by sharks or otherwise horribly mangled.
Here's a small selection of the names I actually recognised from the list of those The Asylum has roped in to the latest round of Sharknado madness:
- Fabio (model) as the Pope
- Tony Hawk (professional skateboarder) as a masterful weapons operative strategist.
- Olivia Newton-John and daughter Chloe Lattanzi as Orion and Electra, two brilliant scientists who help defend Australia from a looming Sharknado.
- Bret Michaels (musician) as a visiting artist that gets trapped in the storm.
- Charo (comedian) as The Queen of England.
- Gilbert Gottfried (comedian) as storm chaser Ron McDonald.
- Today hosts Al Roker, Kathie Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb as themselves.
- Olympic diving medalists Greg Louganis as Zico, a high-end art thief, and Tom Daley as himself.
- Olympic freeskiing medalist Gus Kenworthy and NBC News investigative correspondent Jeff Rossen as themselves.