ComicScene UK is a new British magazine launching on May 1 "for everyone who loves comics".
Celebrating all that is great about comics in the UK and worldwide the 64-page launch issue of ComicScene, (Issue Zero) can be ordered - in print or digital - from publisher ComicsFlix.org.
Subscriptions are available and the title will released monthly from August.
Contents slated for the launch issue include:
- Nuts and Bolts – John Freeman on the comic scene, including the recent success of the Beano;
- Changing Face Of Dan Dare – Richard Sheaf takes a monthly look at the Pilot of the Future;
- How Comic Books Help Us Relive Our Childhood – Benoit Peeters.
- The Prisoner – Stephen Jewell interviews Pete Milligan and Colin Lorimer on the new title from Titan Comics
- OK Computer – Luke Williams debates digital v print comics
- 21st Century Flashback – Fred MacNamara on Thunderbirds
- Art Gallery – original unseen art with a story from Rufus Dayglo
- Shiver and Shake – Martin Dallard takes a look at a fabulous first issue!
- Hatch, Match and Dispatch Valiant & Lion – David Moloney speaks to Chris Lowder and Steve MacManus about the merger of two great titles.
- The Growth of Cosplay – Louise Saul provides an insiders guide to the growth of cosplay at comic conventions
- Creators Writes – Co-creator of Judge Dredd John Wagner tells us how his new character Rok of the Reds was developed
- The Cartmel Factor – Ian Wheeler takes a monthly look at Doctor Who comics, including the new series of Seventh Doctor adventures from Titan Comics
- Free Comic Book Day – Richard Bruton on previous Comic Book Day issues
- 25 years of Batman Mask Of Phantasm – Tim Hayes looks back at 25 years of Batman animation as Batman Ninja hits the screens
- Captain Scotland – A new strip followed by an interlude by writer Tom J Farmer and art by Jose Rodriguez Mota and Valentina Mozzo introduces the new female Captain Scotland.
- Through the Looking Glass: The Secret History of Toxic – John McShane takes a look at Toxic and the influence Scotland has had on comics.
- That Whooshing Noise: 30 Years of Deadline – Tim Pilcher speaks to the original creators of Deadline
- 30 years of Tank Girl – Chris McAulay reads Tank Girl for the first time
- Remembering Steve Dillon – Joel Meadows on one of the creators of Deadline, Steve Dillon
- Judge Dredd v Batman – Karl Stock on the meetings of the Mega City Lawman and the Caped Crusader of Gotham
- Rachael Ball: Creator of Wolf – Tony Esmond takes a monthly look at Small Press
- Stuck in the 18th Century – Steve Tanner on the creation of Flintlock
- Fanscene – 50 Years of Fandom. David Hathaway Price takes a regular look at fandom over the last 50 years with the infamous Unicorn
- 50 years of Apollo Landings – Stephen Jewell takes a look at the new graphic novel Apollo, launched a year before the 50th anniversary of the Apollo landings
- Collecting Roy of the Rovers – Richard Sheaf regular column on Roy of the Rovers and sport/adventure comics
- The Last Word – 2000AD creator Pat Mills writes his new and regular column.
- Whackoman – Marc Jackson new strip