After the roaring success of the Blu-Ray release of Season 12 of the classic era of Doctor Who (Tom Baker's first stint as The Fourth Doctor), the BBC is hoping to repeat this with its next Blu-Ray box set in November.
Because the world needs to see Time-Flight in high definition, Season 19 - Peter Davison's first turn as The Fifth Doctor - has now been chosen for the upgrade treatment.
The limited edition Blu-ray includes brand new special features exclusive to this set:Season 19 can be pre-ordered here, and is currently scheduled to make landfall on November 19.
Plus the following stories from 1982:
- Five new ‘Making-Of’ documentaries for Castrovalva, Four To Doomsday, Black Orchid, Earthshock and Time-Flight
- Surround sound mixes for Kinda and Earthshock
- An extended version of Black Orchid Part One
- Rare studio footage from Castrovalva, Four To Doomsday, Earthshock and Time-Flight
- Updated special effects for Castrovalva
- Seven more editions of Behind The Sofa
- A newly-shot one-hour interview ‘Peter Davison In Conversation with Matthew Sweet’
- And much more!
The eight-disc box set also includes the Peter Davison/David Tennant mini-episode Time Crash, plus hours of extensive special features previously released on DVD.
- Castrovalva (Four episodes)
- Four To Doomsday (Four Episodes)
- Kinda (Four Episodes)
- The Visitation (Four Episodes)
- Black Orchid (Two Episodes)
- Earthshock (Four Episodes)
- Time-Flight (Four episodes)
All 26 episodes have been remastered from scratch by Peter Crocker and Mark Ayres. With the original 16mm film elements still in existence, the location material is presented in true HD, with studio material upscaled. Lee Binding has again provided stunning packaging design and Pete McTighe has written extensive booklet notes and is the content consultant for the title.