"Dracula, king of the vampires. Vampires, the most noble of undead.Funded within 15 hours of launching this week, Draugr & Draculas is the latest old school RPG fanzine grabbing my attention this week as part of Kickstarter's Zine Quest initiative.
For too long these classic monsters have been tweaked, bent, and reimagined to where they no longer resemble the classic bloodsuckers of old.
But no more! Draugrs & Draculas brings the vampire back to its evening-wear-clad glory. Retro Draculas for retro RPGs! The kind that would make Lee and Langella proud.
Also, just for fun, we've got some undead vikings."
The first Kickstarter from seasoned game writer, artist, and designer Joshua LH Burnett, Draugr & Draculas is:
"...a one-off zine for old-stye/OSR roleplaying adventure games. Dr&Dr focuses on vampires, undead, and spooky horror magic for use in your own fantasy RPG campaigns.The fundraising campaign is running until March 27. On its Kickstarter page, Josh - from the Bernie The Flumph blog - gives potential backers an idea of what will be included in the zine:
The zine will be entirely written and illustrated by me, Josh Burnett. In accordance with the Zine Quest guidelines, Draugr & Draculas will be a 5.5” x 8.5” zine, staple-bound and printed in black-and-white.
I estimate it should clock in at around 24-32 pages."
- Count Dracula himself, as well as his origins and current motivations
- Details on Dracula's lesser servants
- Dracula's deadly rival, Elizabeth Bathroy
- Draugr—northern undead of varying degrees of power
- The Draugr class
- Rules for magic users striking a deal with the Devil
- New magical items of perilous power
- Pagan's Well, a small dungeon full of traps and treasure
- And whatever else I can fit in this thing.