My goals for 2018 are:
HEALTH & FITNESS:
I have to say my overall dietary ambitions are heading in the right direction. I finished last year one stone and nine pounds lighter than I'd started it (it had been down almost two stone, but there was backsliding over the Christmas period).
Thanks to our smoothie machine I'm getting my daily portions of fruit and veg, and avoiding solids before noon, and I'm snacking less often. Just got to keep this up and try to go that extra mile. My target weight would 10-and-a-half stone - my pre-hospitalisation weight - but I think that might be overly optimistic.
I've been attending regular counselling sessions and now need to work harder on coupling this with
doing more exercise, taking Alice for regular walks, getting out more, getting more fresh air etc to see signs of a more holistic improvement.
- Carry On Carrying On: With our epic three-year Chronicles Of Cidri in the rearview mirror, and my realisation that I was never going to be up for running a supers campaign for the Tuesday Knights, I've enjoyed a year of being a player in Pete's Top Secret SI campaign and hope that will continue for a while. Then, Simon is supposed to be running us through a My Little Pony campaign - which should be interesting! In the meantime, I'm hoping to get my head around Savage Worlds before the Flash Gordon box set arrives later in the year, and maybe, even, finally give the Doctor Who RPG rules a thorough - rather than cursory - read.
- Kicking The Habit: Going forward, my resolution when it comes to Kickstarters is that I'll consider backing things that are connected with campaigns I've backed in the past (e.g. an expansion to the Savage World of Flash Gordon, more ducks from Darcy Perry etc), but otherwise I'm cutting myself off.
- Read more comics - all my reading took a battering last year, due to tiredness I guess, although I listened to more audiobooks. However this has seen my "to be read" pile of comics steadily increasing, despite my pull-list steadily decreasing!
- Continue to be more selective about what TV I watch - genre-wise, for instance, I'm looking at more Doctor Who in 2018 (as I'm very excited about the arrival of the 13th Doctor later this year).
- Write (other than this blog)
- Try to keep gamesroom neat and tidy after the massive clear-out in 2016. No backsliding!
- Purchase Power: The Kickstarter decision has been a contributing factor in my current spending freeze - initiated on December 1, 2017 - which has seen my credit card bill plummet by two-thirds. And I hope to reduce it, and my everyday spending, even further, by being more cautious and less impulsive. My aim is also to generate 'credit' by selling things on eBay, or to Cex, that I'll then use for my flippant purchases of wargames' miniatures, roleplaying games, DVDs, one-off comics etc.
|Dork Tower: Worst.Year. EVAR!|