The History Channel's stunning pseudohistorical serial Vikings - one of my all-time favourite TV drama series - may have sailed over the horizon, but the story will continue.
Jumping ship from Amazon's Prime Video (in the UK) to Netflix, a sequel has been announced, set 100 years after the Vikings finale, entitled Vikings: Valhalla.
Taking place in the 11th Century, this show will focus on the adventures of world-renowned characters such as Leif Eriksson, Freydis Eriksdotter, Harald Hardrada, and William the Conqueror.
“These men and women will blaze a path as they fight for survival in the ever-changing and evolving world.”Geektown recently announced some of the main cast:
- Sam Corlett (Chilling Adventures of Sabrina) is Leif Eriksson
- Frida Gustavsson is Freydis Eriksdotter
- Leo Suter (Sanditon, Victoria) is Harald Sigurdsson
- Bradley Freegard (Keeping Faith, Doctors) is King Canute
- Jóhannes Jóhannesson (Cursed, The Letter for the King) is Olaf Haraldson
- Laura Berlin is Emma Of Normandy
- David Oakes (Victoria, The White Queen, The Borgias) is Earl Godwin
- Caroline Henderson is Jarl Haakon, leader of Kattegat.